How to adopt from us
No out of state/out of area adoptions unless you can drive to our event on Saturdays and drive home. We do not hold dogs
You must be over 25 yrs old to adopt - If you are a minor living at home the Homeowner/parent must fill out the application
** Our adoption donations vary depending on the size, breed, age & medical condition of each dog. **
We spend hundreds of dollars on each dog to prepare them for their forever home
(your adoption donation includes spay/neuter, DHLPP vaccine, rabies vaccine, deworming, microchip w/registration, collar, tag, leash, pictures)
***Adopting unfixed puppies ***
If you are applying for a 8-16 week old puppy then it is probably NOT fixed yet. Due to our agreement with the City of LA (who holds our kennel license as a non profit) our unfixed puppies need to stay in our local area of the South Bay and North Orange County beach cities only. No exceptions.
1. View our available dogs - Our website is always current. Click here to see our Available Dogs read the dog biography all the way though please!
2. Submit an application for the dog you are interested in - Our adoption process is NOT meant to be an invasion of your privacy. The application aids us in establishing if our dog will be a good fit in your home environment and lifestyle. We know our dogs very well. If your application is approved we will contact you with an appointment time to meet our dogs. This will take place during our adoption event on Saturday's or during a private appointment mid week.
3. Email pictures of your home & yard - If your application looks like a good match on paper, we will contact you to send over pictures or a video of your yard. We want to see the front of your house, back yard, gates where they attach to the house, the entire fenceline all the way around your back yard/patio area. Inside we like to see the living room, kitchen area, other dogs, where the rescue dog will sleep in your home and any other picture you would like to include that will give us a better idea of where our dog will live. It's best to e-mail us this information before you make a long drive to our adoption event so your time is not wasted if your yard/living arrangements are not a good match for the dog you are interested in. **If your house is under construction or you are getting gates fixed or replaced, please wait until the work is completed before you apply for a dog. We will not adopt a dog into a home that is under construction**
4. Meet the dog/The interview - Ahhhhhh, the interview! We take animal placement very seriously. We are your dog concierge and we place correctly the first time around. We know our dogs extremely well and try to place the right dog with the right family situation to meet everyone's needs. By appointment only, if your application is approved, you will be contacted to meet the animal at a convenient time. We ask that everyone who will be living with the pet attend the meeting including children and other dogs currently living in the home.
If you are casually looking for a dog and don't want to fill out an application of interest before you come, you are still welcome at our adoption event... however, please be advised that there could be several different people already scheduled for an interview of the dog you are interested in. Please email us to be sure the dog you are interested in will be at our event. We pre-approve and process applications during the week prior to our Saturday event.
5. The Homecheck/delivery - While a home visit is required prior to final placement, it does not guarantee adoption. We like to see where our dogs will be living to make sure that they will be in a safe and secure environment. Often we can help with unforeseen health risks and help secure yards and fences that first time owners might miss.
** Not up for all of this?
If for some reason you choose not to go through our screening process to adopt, please consider adopting from your local shelter. Below are some links to shelters who euthanize on a daily basis due to shelter overcrowding.
This is the NKLA - NO KILL LA shelter in Los Angeles. Dogs are usually right around $30.00
|< Prev||Next >|
Copyright © 2014 Animals Rule Rescue
All Rights Reserved.
Managed by Opticnoise Solutions Group.